Saturday, September 18, 2010

Good Success. Maybe.

Wake up. Go to school. Go home. Do homework. Sleep. Repeat. It's a mundane existence, but that's senior year thus far. There's this urban myth that we've been led to believe: seniors have it easy. Pfft. Is that a joke? Naively, I used to think it was true. But, the last week of summer sent that misconception straight down the drain. Staying up through the night to finish in-depth discussion questions and summer Pre-Cal review problems to get me ready for this year's Calculus should have been my wake-up call. I don't listen very well, sometimes.


It's hard to relax when you know there at least a 1000 other productive things you could be doing like writing those college application essays  or reading that Frankenstein novel for English class. I don't give a rip about those things at the moment. I'm tired, burnt out, exhausted etc. The shocking thing about it is that it's only September not April or May when I have a right to feel like that. We've only been in school like what? A little over a month? It's pretty pathetic that I'm already contemplating jumping out of the window to hopefully break my leg. That way, I can have an excuse to sit and rest. 


I've worked hard for 13+ years of my life. Call me crazy for wanting to quit now, but I desperately need a break. "Senioritus" has hit me hard. I deserve a little slacking off here and there. All seniors do. We're tired from all the meaningless busy work and tests and quizzes and papers and applications, so back off and leave us be. I think when this year is over, I'm going to crawl in bed and cover up and go to sleep for a few months. Maybe then I can begin to catch up on the hours of sleep I've missed out on over the years.

No comments:

Post a Comment